May Journal

April 26-30, 2010

When I got back to Enchanted Trails this was waiting for me in the mailbox, courtesy of T-Bone Dooley and Ringo Fire. They like what I've been writing about the Dooley Gang. I'm stunned. This was completely unexpected and much appreciated. Thanks, Guys!

Went back to Enchanted Trails. Dinner Monday night with Mad Dog II and Ramblin' Rose and Krazy Kurt at the Church Street Cafe. MDII and Ramblin' Rose were getting their heater fixed, having had something fail at BS. It worked when plugged in, but not when dry camping. Took all day at Camping World.

On Tuesday had the 6 month check at Urology. PSA still non-detectable. The urologist said that by now most cancers had come back. That's comforting. No one said that before.

On Wednesday practiced at Renegades, working on the rifle that failed. Rear sight was all the way down. Adjusted it.

Marshal Halloway told me that he wasn't sure Ruger would have enough ammunition. So I got 1,000 158 gr. LRN from Boggus Deal and loaded 600 with 4 gr. Trail Boss.

Friday got the bus, truck, and trailer ready to go to Gunsite.

April 21-25, 2010-Buffalo Stampede

April 20, 2010, Tuesday

Got the trailer ready, vacuumed and cleaned the countertop, vacuumed the floor. Took the shades off the bus. Cleaned the windshield with Invisible Glass and the Diamond Shield with 303 Aerospace Protectant per their instructions.

Went to reattach the trailer to the bus and it didn't match up about an inch off to one side. Fiddled for a while, then put a bottle jack under the right front, raised it until the trailer jack was free, and the front was a little wobbly. Got The Redhead to lower the bottle jack slowly while I pushed the A-Frame to the left. It worked. Put the hats on the bed and stowed everything on my list. Collapsed the table and stowed the tabletop and leaf. Packed away the "stuff" that was outside, pulled the jacks up, waited for a Green board and drove to Founders Ranch.

Set up next to the Waddie Shack. Very level spot. Jacks down, slides out, hats on walls, etc. Marked off the next spot for Dan Diamond. Went to Pecos Clyde's bus and picked up the 2 guns Johnny Meadows did for me. Had several people drop by for Margaritas.

April 19, 2010, Monday

Spent the morning at the VA hospital waiting for the vampire. PSA for the annual 100,000 mile service.

Now all of the main match guns are treated with SweetShooter. Now if anything goes wrong with any of them, it's SweetShooter's fault. Almost everything is ready to go tomorrow.

Made new business cards:

Started to put them on here but realized they contain too much information for the internet.


Okay, 3 hours later, after Photoshop went berserk and held me hostage until I could reach my .45 and escape, here are Internet censored versions of the business cards:



Now some of you are asking yourself, why did he delete that stuff? Those of you wondering that please send me all of your personal data, and I'll send you half of the money I'm getting from a Nigerian prince for helping him rape the country's treasury.

April 18, 2010, Sunday

Worked in the shop. Cleaned and treated guns with SweetShooter, straightened up, ran match .45 ACP through the chamber checkers. Every round that didn't fall out freely went to practice.

Went to dinner with Cat and Tex at the St. Clair Winery and Bistro. Very nice place. Good conversation. Good wine. Good food.

Coming back to the bus we walked in to find George playing with a toy mouse. Then we realized we didn't have a toy mouse. It was an ex-field mouse by the time I got it. I named it Fivel and gave it a Christian field mouse burial by tossing it over the fence to the field next door. A field mouse getting into the bus is committing suicide with these pets.

April 17, 2010, Saturday

Went to the Renegades match. I think I had one clean stage. Tex had trouble getting clean stages, but in his case some of it was due to spotters not being BP shooters and getting called on misses that were hits.

Finished loading .45 ACP. Cleaned some of the guns. Detail stripped on ROA and left it in Sweet Shooter overnight. The shotgun came clean from one Bore Snake.

April 16, 2010, Friday

Went to Ron Peterson's looking for lubed felt wads and .457 round balls. They didn't have any, but Travis gave me an old box of .457 Hornady balls he was going to melt to make bullets and sent me to a nearby shop that had a lot of muzzle loading stuff. Strange place. They had Hornady round balls behind the counter. At $19.99/100 they'll have them a while. Got 100 Wonder Wads at an equally ridiculous $9.95. That'll teach me to run out before a major match. I have 2000 on order for about what these 100 cost, but they won't arrive in time.

The gun shop noted above also had a clerk who was dressed in a manner apparently designed to run off potential customers. It was working. I was the only one there. Peterson's was crowded. He was wearing khaki trousers with a khaki instructor's belt and 1911 on his hip. His T-shirt was black with a large crest on it with an insignia that made me think someone had come up with a non-swastika swastika. It had 3 vertical bars and a diagonal bar tying them together. It might be harmless, but on this kid otherwise dressed and acting like a Hitler-youth, it made me uncomfortable. It was the effect I would want if I were a liberal Hollyweird director depicting a gun store.

Went to Sportsman's Warehouse. Amazingly they had .457 round balls. Bought 6 boxes and some Remington 12 ga. wads Larsen E. Pettifogger recommended.

Today's loading was .45 ACP match loads, 200 gr. LRNFP over 5.0 gr. Trail Boss. Once I got set up they went pretty fast. Tried a Dillon Shell plate Bearing and Quick Adjust Kit. "Premium Quick Adjust Kit for Dillon XL 650 replaces screws and bolts with thumbscrews and knobs to speed up the caliber changes and adjustment of the press." The shell plate bearing "... eliminates the snap when the shell plate advances to the next position. When the shell plate snaps, gunpowder splashes out of the casing causing a mess on your press and inconsistent loads." Loading .short, pudgy .45 ACP rounds with 5 gr. Trail Boss requires smooth operation or you'll have a shell plate covered in tiny donuts and rounds that go Poof or BANG! I also lubed the cases to smooth things up, especially when pulling them out of the resizer die, which I had adjusted as far down as possible. I want them to come out of the chamber easily. (All match rounds go into a thingie from Dillon that has 7 holes in it that are the size of minimum-spec .45 ACP chambers.If they don't fall out, they become practice rounds.)

April 15, 2010, Thursday

Called my accountant because we hadn't gotten our tax form yet. The 12 year old girl answering the phone said she had emailed it. It was in the junk mail file because she sent it from a "noreply" address, not one of the addresses I'd put in my address book. Got it, sent her the 8879 and sent the IRS a check for $5,285,001.

Worked in the garage making .45-70 rounds. I was effectively out. Loaded them on the 650. Not easy. I'd noticed at my last Plainsman match that mine was the only rifle making smoke. I talked with other plainsmen I can trust and found some shooting some really light but legal loads. I'd been shooting 50 gr. APP sticks/300 gr. LRNFP loads. Considered doing some 30 gr. Pyrodex pellet loads, but the instructions absolutely forbade it. I can remember some very effective .45 Colt loads with pellets in days of old, but I didn't make any. Instead I looked through the BP stock and found Express FFg. Overkill, but that should work. Made up a light load with corn cob filler and a Wonder Wad on top behind a 300 gr. LRNFP. Loaded those until I ran out of Wonder Wads. Switched to APP 2f (Gotta use it up somehow). Then made up the last 60 rounds with 50 gr. APP sticks. The cases were lubed with Dillon lube because I had the full-length resizer adjusted as far down as possible to minimize the stuck round phenomenon in Handi-Rifles. I tumbled the completed rounds for 15 minutes to get the lube off. I should be ready for everything. Well, everything except the non-smoking .38-55s I encountered earlier this year.

April 14, 2010, Wednesday

Rio Grande Renegades have a WEDNESDAY match, 4 stages, one posse. Took The Redhead to Route 66 Casino for breakfast and left her there, went to the match. Good match. I never have had a good match at RGR. 2 misses this time, one on a 23 second raw time stage. First stage was 45+ a miss.* Did 25 on last stage clean.

*The stage had 3 shotgun targets. I grabbed 3 shells when going for 2, so I put 2 in the gun and held one, shot the first two, then threw the other shell in the left barrel. Click. Johnny had changed the barrel switch to shoot the right barrel first. He had told me when he first did it that this one needed to have the left side first. Futzed with that for 44 seconds or so. Oh, well.

April 13, 2010, Tuesday

Left early. Quietly I was counting mile posts until we passed the one where we broke down Thursday.

Johnny Meadows had called yesterday and told me he had the shotgun ready. At the ACSA match he'd shown me his SKB and explained he had figured out to make it work with really light loads (inertia from recoil switches the trigger from one barrel to the other). It's not light springs but reshaping of the innards. I gave him my primary for that and my Handi-Rifle for some reliability work.

So today he had me pull off the road at General Crook Trail, where he took my primary SKB and took the secondary. What a GUY! It's the people that make SASS fun.

He may not make Buffalo Stampede, some surgery on his shoulder might be needed. A couple of parts installed in the shoulder rebuild need work.

How far can you really go--uphill--on a tank of fuel pulling 44,000 lb?

When we started I noted the Fuel Remaining was 317 miles. Well, perhaps in Spartan/Cummins fantasy land. Normally I don't start trips with less than a full tank, but the truck stops in Phoenix were not convenient to us. (Might have been from Freightliner. Didn't think then.) As we started climbing toward Flagstaff the numbers started dropping about 10 per mile. The bus's expert navigator, The Redhead, went online looking for truck stops. Nothing until I40.

By then we'd been staring at 3 LOW FUEL lights, and the FUEL REMAINING sign said, "FUCK". (Well, at least it would have if it had been the master warning light of a UH1H in 1970 in 11th Aviation Brigade in Lai Khe. I've been working on modifying ours). There was one off-brand truck stop according to Garmin and internet sources.

If a truck stop can be camouflaged, this one was. There was a line of parked trucks on the left-side of the road, and I was looking at them, realizing they were parked, but there was no place to get fuel for a truck. About then The Redhead realized the fuel stop was on the right, just back there. So we drove around the world trying to get back to it. Only 129 gallons to full. Allegedly it's a 150 gallon tank. I don't want to know how close we can get to that. This is a record for us, one we'll try to avoid breaking.

After that I just kept on driving, reaching each of our possible overnight spots early enough to keep going. The Redhead drove for 75 miles after we had a McDonald's lunch. Then I drove us to Enchanted Trails. New Mexico is on Daylight Savings Time, so we lost an hour but were still parked by 7 PM. Jacks down, slides out, hats back on the wall, etc., truck out of trailer, dog walked, Margaritas drank shortly after.

April 12, 2010, Monday

Everything fixed by noon. Total bill $1149, plus the $320 for towing. Wild Bodie Tom dropped off a bag of Colt sears, with one Gold Cup sear. That's the one to try first. He also included a 17 lb. mainspring. Nice guy!

Too late to drive to Holbrook for the night, so we went to Pioneer.

April 11, 2010, Sunday

Went to the CCSA Wild Bunch match. Good match. Two Dot and I were among the Traditional category shooters. Either he beats me like a redheaded stranger, or I beat him like one. Today it was his turn to screw up, some mechanical malfunctions, more mental ones. I was fine till the last stage when we found the '73 with a closed lever when picking the guns up. 2 misses and thus one safety for the match. His score sheet wasn't pretty. At least I'm leaving Phoenix after a good weekend.

Still had occasional hammer follow when racking the slide. Wild Bodie Tom promised to drop a sear by tomorrow. He works close to Freightliner.

April 10, 2010, Saturday

Went (32 miles, 45 minutes) to the ACSA match and shot on the BP posse. Great bunch of people. Great posse. 8 stages !!! Shot pretty well for a one-eyed fat man.

Went to Chili's afterwards for a high calorie,high fat lunch. 15 or so people at the table. The checks came with 18% as "suggested" tip. It looked as if it was added to the bill. Among others, I wasn't happy. Why? The waitress was running her ass off and remaining cheerful and calm through the chaos. I was planning on tipping more than 18%, and Dan Diamond, among others, was going to leave it at 18% because he was pissed about it. I called for the manager, who came over and helped the waitress explain that they were just trying this, and 18% wasn't added into the bill. It was a suggestion. The waitress didn't like it because she spent fifteen minutes explaining it to us in a ripple from one end to the other. The manager, I think, decided that perhaps at least the waitress should have the ability to leave that off the bill of big parties with semi-separate checks. I understand the group of little old ladies who, lacking other instructions, will pay the bill to the penny and need a gentle shove with a baseball bat. But SASS people are generally generous and appreciative of cute young waitresses who work their tails off. I left a 90% tip on my bill. It's part of my philosophy to overtip. Yes, being a male pig I'm more likely to overtip cute young waitresses who are pleasant and work hard than ugly old males who aren't and don't.

April 9, 2010, Friday

Angelique entertains while we're in exile.

Julio did the ABS fix but discovered a seal that needed replacing on the left front wheel, ca-ching $$$. He worked on the HWH leveling system after the right front jack did its usual sticking. He replaced the plug to the sensor, but the new sensor itself had the wrong pitch threads, and it'll be Monday NOON before another one arrives. I tried to get expedited delivery, but because of the time zone differential, it was too late for that. So we'll be here most of Monday as well. (Delivery creep.)

I was offered the option of a plug on the sensor hole in the tank and driving to ABQ with the CHECK ENGINE light on, but I'm aware of the cost of a Cummins ISL engine, so we didn't go for that program. This is an advantage of being retired and not having any destination worth such a risk. We also have several days slack in this trip.

So I got things ready to shoot the ACSA match tomorrow and the CCSA Wild Bunch match Sunday. We're plugged in to Freightliner's 30 amp plug, and we started with a full water tank and empty sewage tanks, so we'll be okay for several days.

Rattler John called asking if I knew anything about the disabled veterans' shoot at EOT. I don't. We'll find out. He invited me to his school at Railhead with Frederick Jackson Turner teaching duelist. I sent him a check. I'm a sucker for shooting schools.

April 8, 2010, Thursday

Arthur Pendragon waves goodbye to Pioneer RV Park.

Got the rig ready to fly, including servicing the battery tray. That included putting mineral oil in the house batteries. Mineral oil on top of the water stops the corrosion problems usual to battery trays. We id this to the previous batteries, and we had no corrosion. With these we've had what I consider excessive, so I put about 4 oz. in each cell, basically filling with mineral oil instead of water. No further mineral oil will be added, just water at future servicing. Did a lot of cleaning of corrosion, brushing with wire brush, etc. I believe new battery straps will be in order next service.

All dressed up and ready to roll

The Redhead was ready to roll!

Wheels up 1000 and headed north on I17.

ANOTHJER RV ADVENTURE BEGINS. You never know when or where one will strike.

1025 the "STOP ENGINE" red light came on, with accompanying squealer. Pulled off the road. Checked engine compartment. No visible broken or missing fan belts, no visible (to me) leaks. Coolant tank cap was squealing telling me the coolant was hot. The temp gauge showed 204°, which isn't excessive. Pulled up the fault code 111. Called Good Sam Road service. Eventually got to a technician who read that 111 means coolant below the sensor. Possible causes, sensor failure low coolant, or stuck thermostat. He talked with Cummins, and they said to tow it.

Bus told me to "STOP ENGINE." I did. Good Sam told me to take the ML out of the trailer. I did.

Two tow trucks arrived. This was the BIG one for the bus. Very professional.

Loading the bus on the trailer

Dragging the rock protector thingie

More rock protector thingie abuse

The bus is on the tilt-bed

The rear wheels of the trailer go forward



Chaining the beast down

Ready to tow

Ready to tow the trailer

Unloading the trailer at Freightliner Phoenix

Unloading the bus

The rear wheels of the trailer move forward to tilt

Chaining it down--VERY CAREFULLY



Careful, careful.

Back on the ground, relatively intact.

The nearest Cummins facilities were back in Phoenix, of course 60+ miles away. Freightliner could work on it today. Cummins was booked until tomorrow. Both are Cummins capable. I picked Freightliner. I hadn't had any dealings with Freightliner. No complaints about Cummins.

When I described our rig, the lady explained that the tow of the bus was covered, but the trailer would be $45 to hook up and $5/mile or about $315. Nothing to do but say "okay."

They dispatched 2 trucks. The smaller one arrived first, about an hour later. Then came the big one. Hooked both up, the motor home on a tilt bed the most impressive. We followed in the ML. Arrived at Freightliner and unhooked (and paid $320 for the trailer tow) before 1500. Went to the service writers and was told they have a separate motor home service advisor. His name was Kirk. He quickly explained that their tech's worked from 0700 to 1530. But he wrote it up and got Julio on it.

Julio worked hard, and way beyond 3:30. The problem was the coolant level sensor. It had corroded and come loose, losing a gallon and a half of coolant. They didn't have one. Julio tried cleaning it and strapping it to the plug as the plug had deteriorated and lost its latching hook.

Didn't work. A test drive resulted in STOP ENGINE. Julio took the bad sensor out ("Bad sensor! Bad! No coolant for you!") and gave it to parts to see if they could get it from Cummins across the street to get it put on in the morning. He also FINALLY diagnosed the intermittent ABS fault we've suffered since new. It's the left front sensor. He'll change it in the morning, too.

We parked, hooked up to their 30 amp plug, and had Margaritas.

We could be here as late as Monday or be on the road in the morning.

RVing, always an adventure!

April 7, 2010, Wednesday

Recent Photos, catching up:

This Rig was here for a few months, big coach, big trailer, double decker for motorcycles and a car.

BIG Trailer!

Larsen E. Pettifogger works on the Burgess rifle. Do not try this at home

Horses visit Cowtown

Reconnected the trailer to the bus. cleaned the windshield and side glass and mirrors. Cleaned the glass inside. Invisible Glass--works better than anything else I've used. This part, at least the outside glass, required the Little Giant ladder, a virtual necessity with a big rig. Cleaned the Diamond-Shield clear bra with the recommended 303 Protectant.

The toilet hadn't been holding water, so I'd gotten a seal kit from the RV dealer and was planning to put it on, which doesn't sound like fun. Before doing that The Redhead did her gig with the Sani-Con, dumping the tanks and cleaning the black tank, a 45 minute process. She also did some cleaning of the toilet. Magically it began to hold water. I'm keeping my toes crossed.

Took the 4 Jimmy Spurs pistols to a PostNet to ship them. They took them happily. He had sent me preaddressed boxes for UPS shipping. The local UPS Stores have big signs saying they don't ship guns. UPS ships guns, but not the stores. PostNet didn't care. I have a FedEx account and have never had any problems shipping guns through their stores.

The last chore for today was to put the car in the trailer.

April 6, 2010, Tuesday

Worked in the shop getting it ready to travel. Cleaned, swept, and vacuumed after making a whole bunch of things disappear into the storage compartments.

April 5, 2010, Monday

Email of the Day:

Marine dining etiquette

The Commandant of the Marine Corps was General Al Gray a crusty old 'Field
Marine.' He loved his Marines and often slipped into the mess hall
wearing a faded old field jacket without any rank or insignia on it. He
would go through the chow line just like a private (In this way, he was
assured of being given the same rations that the lowest enlisted man
received. And, woe be it to the mess officer if the food was found to
be 'unfit in quality or quantity').

Upon becoming Commandant, General Gray was expected to do a great deal of
'formal entertaining'....fancy dinner parties in full dress blue
uniform. Now, the General would rather have been in the field eating
cold 'C-rats' around a fighting hole with a bunch of young 'hard
charging' Marines. But the General knew his duty and as a Marine he was
determined to do it to the best of his ability.

During these formal parties, a detachment of highly polished Marines from
'Eighth and Eye' (Marine Barracks located at 8th and I Streets in
Washington, D.C., home of the Silent Drill Team) were detailed to
assume the position of 'parade rest' at various intervals around the
ballroom where the festivities were being held.

At some point during one of these affairs, a very refined, blue-haired
lady picked up a tray of pastries and went around the room offering
confections to the guests. When she noticed these Marines in dress
blues, standing like sculptures all around the room, she was moved with
admiration. She knew that several of these men were fresh from our
victory in Kuwait She made a beeline for the closest Lance Corporal,
drew near him and asked, 'Would you like pastry young man?'

The young Marine snapped to 'attention' and replied, "I don't eat that
shit, Ma'am." Just as quickly, he resumed the position of 'parade
rest.' His gaze remained fixed on some distant point throughout the

The fancy lady was completely taken aback! She blinked, her eyes widened,
her mouth dropped open. So startled was she that she immediately began
to doubt what she had heard. In a quivering voice she asked, "W-W-What
did you say?"

The Marine snapped back to the position of 'attention' (like the arm of a
mousetrap smacking it's wooden base). Then he said, '"I don't eat that
shit, Ma'am." And just as smartly as before, back to the position of
'parade rest' he went.

This time, there was no doubt. The fancy lady immediately became incensed
and felt insulted. After all, here she was an important lady, taking
the time to offer something nice to this enlisted man (well below her
station in life), and he had the nerve to say THAT to HER! She
exclaimed, "Well! I never...!"

The lady remembered that she had met
that military man in charge of all these 'soldiers' earlier. She
spotted General Gray from across the room. He had a cigar clenched
between his teeth and a camouflaged canteen cup full of bourbon in his
left hand. He was talking to a group of 1st and 2nd Lieutenants. So
blue haired lady went straight over to the Commandant and interrupted.

"General, I offered some pastry to that young man over there, and do you
know what he told me?"

General Gray cocked his eyebrow, took the cigar out of his mouth and said,
"Well, no Ma'am, I don't." The lady took in a deep breath, confident
that she was adequately expressing with her body language her
considerable rage and indignation. As she wagged her head in cadence
with her words, and she paused between each word for effect, 'She said,
"I - don't - eat - that - shit - Ma'am!''

The lieutenants were in a state of near apoplexy. A couple of them choked
back chuckles, and turned their heads to avoid having their smirks
detected. The next thought that most of them had was, 'God, I hope it
wasn't one of MY Marines!' and the color left their faces.

General Gray wrinkled his brow, cut his eyes in the direction of the
lieutenants, put his free hand to his chin and muttered a subdued,
"Hmmm Which one did you say it was Ma'am?," the General asked..

"That tall sturdy one right over there near the window, General," the
woman said with smug satisfaction. One of the lieutenants began to look sick
and put a hand on the wall for support. General Gray, seemed deep in
thought, hand still to his chin, wrinkled brow. Suddenly, he looked up
and his expression changed to one indicating he had made a decision.

He looked the fancy lady right in the eyes and said,

"Well fuck him then! Don't give him any!"


Worked in the garage getting things ready to move and making a case of Dooley Gang shotgun ammo.

April 4, 2010, Sunday

Fannie Kickin Shoot Gets Hot Brass Down the Back of Her Dress

Shot the Cowtown match. 3 posses on Easter Sunday! Larsen, Dan Diamond, and Weaver Gal were all there, and we posed together. We shot in order. Weaver Gal signed me up 4th, so that's where I shot. Their loss. If I shoot 4th, it's almost impossible to work. I shoot, then get the pistols ready for the next stage. The shift change for counters occurs before I'm done charging the pistols.

Shot semi-okay, 4 clean stages, 2 misses total. On the second stage the rifle locked up after firing 2 rounds. I saw that it was a collapsed case, split. I used the screw knife to extract the bad round through the loading port, loaded another round, and continued. A 68 resulted. Assume I'd have done a 35± if I'd not had the problem. 33 seconds is less than 8 x 5=40, though not by much. Several people were awed by my ability to clear the jam, myself included.

Finished way down in the standings, the only Frontiersman.

I was using practice ammo for this match, of course. I don't have much else. For that matter, I don't have much of that. I try to weed out cracked cases, but brass fatigue happens. This is another reason I shoot new brass at matches where first prize is a new Mercedes or Miss July or an $8 belt buckle, or where I've driven hundreds of miles at $1/mile, paid a $300 entry fee, and practiced 3 months to do well.

After the match I picked up The Redhead and joined Larsen , Dan, and Weaver Gal at Chili's. Chili's is now closed pending arrival of more chips and dip.

April 3, 2010, Saturday

Shot at Rio Salado, over an hour away, but I took The Redhead to a casino along the way and picked her up when done, so she could drive home while I dozed.

Good match, 6 stages. I was exhausted by the end. 4 misses, no great stages, no total train wrecks. Was the only one in Frontiersman, but I would have won FC but been 3rd in FCD. Mentally I put myself in FCD whenever there's no FT.

April 2, 2010, Friday

The Redhead's Birthday

Happy 28th Birthday, Redhead!!

Today's Link. Listen to it and Bill Gates will send you $30,000 from Barak Obama's secret stash.


April 1, 2010, Thursday

Yesterday I put the parts that Jimmy Spurs did for my ROAs in. This morning I went to the range and tested them. Then I came back to the shop, removed them, and put in the original parts. Nothing wrong with Jimmy's work, but the parts need fitting more than I am willing to try to do. They need fitting by a good gunsmith, which Jimmy is willing to do, but I don't want to (a) put the guns into the hands of FedUp, (b) do without them. I will say that extensive cleaning of the innards of the guns have made the originals work a lot lighter and better than they had been.

Went back to the range and shot 6 stages with the guns. They're fixed and working fine now. My hand is barely working, though. Too much hand work. Every bone in my left hand hurts, even after a Margarita.

Wild Bodie Tom brought my Wild Bunch Gumment Model back, all of the minor problems taken care of. He did some things not on the punch list, all to the good.